Wednesday, February 20, 2013

All In

Whew...

At the dawning of 2013, we were all discussing our one word. I couldn't come up with one single word to define what I saw coming. I did, however, chose something.

ALL IN

In November, I wrote:
"all to jesus, I surrender"

live all of life... not just moments of spiritual significance but all of life. this is true christian living... the rich young ruler and his sadness ... due to having to give it all away... had it right. How much do we consider this truth?

Pursue Living
And in December:
Eternity is about us like an aura, always present but not quite visible, we see through it much easier than we than we see it... yet it IS there.

Truth is, I think most of our lives we are intentionally looking through eternity. Our fears grip us, keeping us hostage, so we flit about avoiding the truth and swatting it away like one swats flies.

Let us rather see, truly see... Not in anger, but in delight, at every opportunity we receive. Moments which quickly run away if we don't cling to them.

Happy New Year...
I just heard the song "When The Saints" by Sara Groves - the lyrics hit me deep - "I see the man of sorrows and his long troubled road, I see the world on his shoulders and my easy load..."



So, all in. committed and pursuing. Life is exhilarating, not easy so much as it is good.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment