Sunday, September 29, 2013

Psalms

I'm a lover of psalms. A poetry reading, melancholic, romantic, music on the mind person with a love/hate relationship with people. An impulsive dancing jumping fool.  A words and food and coffee sort of person. a dog person.

The Psalms remind me of David and his rash, imperfect humanness. And they remind me of God and his unfailing, merciful grace and love. They remind me of the singers, of the depth and height and unfathomable. They remind me of Jesus, and Paul, and how Jesus LOVED those disciples who didn't get it but, of course, got it.

I have countless favorites but this is one that I'm drawn to -

Psalm 121
I lift my eyes up to the hills.. (beyond the trees and houses and visible things)
From where does my help come? (not from down here, thats for sure!)
My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth. (truth!)




No comments:

Post a Comment