Sunday, April 22, 2012

We. Are. Moving.

I prepared my first box today for the move.

I couldn't figure out what to really put in it. We are moving in a month or three... but with our work schedule and the hours of yard labor required to possibly sell our house, we have to start now... with those things we can.

So I prepared a box.
I spent 15 minutes looking at the books in one of my bookcases thinking... do I need any of these? Should I pack any of these?

And ultimately I decided to walk away.

I think we often live our lives like this. The easier things tend to keep our attention... Those things that require effort or attention tend to fall by the wayside, to be picked up when all that can be done is react.




"I remember the devotion of your youth, your love as a bride, how you followed me in the wilderness, in a land not sown. ... What wrong did your fathers find in me that they went far from me, and went after worthlessness, and became worthless?" Jeremiah 2:2 & 5
I will be sorting my books when I wake up.


No comments:

Post a Comment