Friday, May 4, 2012

A momentary confession

I have been locked in a deep struggle lately with fear and doubt and all kinds of anxiety due to a single relationship that has gone awry, and yesterday, through a series of fits and starts, I had a moment of divine clarity. NOW I can at least see why it has been such a challenging season for me... NOW I can honestly state the issue.. and NOW I can look at the truth for freedom.
Now great crowds accompanied him, and he turned and said to them, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. ~ Luke 14:25-27
You may be part of my family; my brother, father, sister, child... is our relationship keeping either of us from true discipleship? Am I much more focused on this relationship than the pursuit of Christ? Does our relationship stand in the way to freedom in Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment