Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Deactivated

I was thinking along today, and decided to deactivate. There is a rhyme and a reason for this, but I won't get into it here... Here, I will discuss the concept of deactivation -

I found this definition online: deactivate [diːˈæktɪˌveɪt] vb
  • 1. (tr) to make (a bomb, etc.) harmless or inoperative
  • 2. (Physics / Atomic Physics) (intr) to become less radioactive
  • 3. (Military) (tr) US to end the active status of (a military unit)
  • 4. (Chemistry) Chem to return or cause to return from an activated state to a normal or ground state
To make harmless or inoperative - this would imply that the object which you are deactivating is dangerous. To become less radioactive - to me, this suggests poison.. interesting... To end the active status of a military unit - suggesting a purposeful season. To cause to return from an activated state to a normal state.

This last one is the one that symbolizes best my decision to deactivate.

You see, there is this element that I realized is rather potentially harmful. A bit radioactive, if you will... and I find it fitting that the term used to end your friendship with this element is to deactivate... Hmm...

"He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity." Proverbs 21:23
Or my paraphrase "He who guards his keyboard and the send key keeps himself from calamity"

No comments:

Post a Comment