Sunday, November 10, 2013

Don't touch my favorite psalm!

I've told my husband if I ever hear a preacher start in on my favorite psalm I will leave.

*sigh* I am rather immature at times!

This psalm has been the way forward for me - in so many ways - and I can do no justice to it or the memory of the teaching... so instead of attempting I will give a shout to Bo Stern for digging deep into this psalm at George Fox University a couple years ago, and I will simply share the words...

Psalm 121
 
I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? 
My help comes from the Lord, who made the heavens and earth. 

He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. 

The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. 
The sun shall not strike you by day; nor the moon by night. 

The Lord will keep you from all evil, he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore. 
 
Forevermore. Remember to live life in light of eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment